prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Statistics from my 2012 Final Tour of the West Coast.

I left Ruston on June 27, 2012 and returned to Ruston on August 25. That adds up to 63 days of being gone from home sweet home.

Total mileage 8800.
Total gallons of gasoline 261.
Average miles/ gallon 33.8 (That is pretty good. The average mpg on one tank reached 35.)
Total cost of gas $936.
Average price per gallon $3.59.

I sure did see many loved ones and friends, I visited 2 children, 9 grand children, 5 great grand children, 10 nieces and nephews, and at least 4  dozen friends.

I spent time in 15 living rooms.

I rode a Washington Sate Ferry 4 times.

I enjoyed 2 firework shows.

I attended many musicals, lectures, street dances, 1 cajun dance, community festivals, 1 pancake breakfast, 1 potato bake, and had coffee some 30 mornings at the Evergreen Coho Resort. The last week of my visit to Washington the Resort held its yearly meeting and week long social called "Coho Days". I was able to attend many of the festivities. I lived 17 years at the Resort and helped in many projects. I was warmly greeted and told that I was welcome to come back anytime. I feel that I will always be a part of the Resort.

I even drove out to the end of Ediz Hook and visited the Bert Thomas Monument.



Bert was the first person to swim across the Straits of San Juan de Fuca from Port Angeles, Washington to Victoria, Canada. The year was 1955. The distance is 18.3 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->