prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lunch at the best restaurant in the San Fernando Valley with the nicest people in the San Fernando Valley. !

Yesterday I stopped to vist Novelle Monson in Van Nuys. Novelle is the widow of my brother George.   I remember dancing with her in 1942. She was and is so lovely. (A beautiful girl from Arkansas). Novelle's son Eddie took us to lunch along with his wife and son, Lee.


Boy was the food good. These folks have been going to this restaurant (Brent's Delicatessen in Van Nuys) for many years.



That chocolate cake is a foot high!



I had a nice visit. It was so good to see these folks again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->