prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A morning at Dana Point Harbor.

On Friday morning I spent a few hours at Dana Point Harbor. This place is one of my favorite places on earth.  When I first saw it some sixty years ago it was a natural harbor just south of Dana Point with a tiny bit of beach. Now it is several miles of boat filled marinas, restaurants, and shops. It is landscaped to the teeth.


Just below where I took this picture was a little bit of beach. Look at it now!




I had breakfast at Proud Mary's.




This bird landed while I watched.



This group of mostly young people were having a meeting. I found out that this was a meeting of Narcotics Anonymous.  This is a group like AA. They are very active and NA is the second largest 12 step self help group in the nation. I wish them the very best.



These folks were going fishing.



This nice boat was for sale.


Nice place for a walk. I took one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->