prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chimacum Walking Trio Reunited--Sort of.



Chuck Monson, Bill Friel, and Jim Spaulding walked together for many years. In the summer they were all residents of the Evergreen Coho Resort in Chimacum, Washington. The trio would walk 3 1/2 miles.They would join the liars club in the clubhouse for an hour or so on their return from the walk. These walks are high on my list of my favorite memories. This is not true now for the last several years. Chuck and Jim have given up their lots at the Resort.

In the last month while on my Farewell Tour of the West Coast I was able to walk with Jim in Eureka, California and Bill in Las Cruces, New Mexico.


That is Bill Friel on the left. The old geezer on the right is me. Las Cruces behind us.


Jim on the left, Same old geezer on the right. Eureka behind us.

This is sort of a reunion of the trio, right? I know that I really enjoyed this reunion. Probably the last.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->