prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Extreme itching! Front of lower legs.

I have had swollen itchy ankles in the past. Recently the front of my lower legs have been itching. No swelling. I have treated it by rubbing with alcohol soaked terry cloth. This recent itching attack has been getting more extreme. It woke me up in the middle of the night yesterday. At 3 am I had to get up and rub it.

Last night it was so bad that I scratched it and alcohol rubbed it. It then went away and thankfully It is gone this morning.




Above are pictures of both, left, and right legs. You know me. My first thought is to take a picture and post it on my blog! 

I googled itching on front of lower legs and there were many entries from people who have this problem. No definite diagnosis. Some have had it almost all of their life. I hope that I do not have it any more.

Did you know that today is Christmas Eve, Eve?

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever fogure it out? Mine was linked to Sarcoidosis AND Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. Not fun, but treatable with anti-inflammatories, maybe topical steroids, anti-histamines and loads of moisturizer to create a good barrier againt friction that may trigger an allergic or autoimmune response (pretty much the same thing for me)

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->