prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Driving and Visiting.

I had a nice drive from Port Ludlow to Roseburg yesterday on Sunday. Lots of people out on the 5 Freeway through the Portland Area.


Saturday night I was in the Dungeness Recreation Area in Sequim with the Wrocks watching grandson Matt swing his two little girls  During my month in Port Ludlow I spent six days in five visits with my great grand daughters Winter and Holly. This made the whole trip worthwhile.


Sunday morning at 5:30 am I drove over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.


I hada nice lunch in Oregon City with my nephew Monte Johnson, his wife Lynna Mae. and his son David. We visited about Monte's Mother Dallas (my late sweet sister).  They were so good to Dallas. They are good folks!


In Roseburg these pleasant people greeted me with ice water and warm conversation. This is my niece Dorothy and her husband Harry Baumgardner. They are also good folks!


This morning at 6 am I was greeted by this V formation.









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->