prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Preliminary mileage statistics.

From Ruston to Washington and down the coast to Dana Point I have driven 6900 miles. I put on a lot of miles during the month that I stayed in Port Ludlow. I drove 2500 miles during that month. It was 25 round trip miles to the Evergreen Coho Liars Club and Port Townsend was 40 miles round trip. I drove to the Liars Club almost every morning. I also made trips to Woodenville, Port Angeles, Sequim and Bremerton.

6900 minus 2500 equals 4400 Farewell Tour miles. It is about 1700 miles from Dana Point, California to Ruston, Louisiana. So my Farewell Tour of the West Coast miles will be approximately 6100 miles, With the 2500 miles running around Port Ludlow, Chimacum, and Washington I will have put 8600 mile on my car.

I had a 10,000 mile service in Port Angeles and just had a 15,000 mile service in San Juan Capistrano.

It sure will be nice to get home to Ruston. I think that I will be there about Monday, August 27.

Is this really my last Farewell Tour of the West Coast?


Who knows? The above picture is of the Old Prunepicker with a quizzical expression. I tried to make a  quizzical expression. At least it is a weird expression.  You can not see it but I hunched my shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->