prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nice visit in Roseburg, Oregon.

I always look forward to visiting my niece Dorothy in Roseburg. She was born to my sister Thelma when I was ten years old. I thought that she was the prettiest thing that I had ever seen.  She knew all my brothers and sisters. We share many memories from the thirties and forties. On my visits Dorothy and I sit for hours and talk about those years. Talk about wallowing in memories!


This is a picture taken on Dorothy's front porch. There are ten acres of watermelons planted in her front yard. From the left is Harry Baumgardner (Pilot and Farmer). Dorothy Baumgardner, Bobbie Mott (Pilot and Electrician and Dorothy's brother and my nephew), and Janet (Sweet Lady and wife of Bobbie).

I really enjoyed my visit with these folks. I hope that I get to do it again.


These folks live in a beautiful farming valley out of Roseburg. It is aptly named Garden Valley.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->