prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 10, 2012

230.2

I weigh nude every morning. I report the weekly weight on this blog. This morning when I got on the scale it read 230.2 pounds. I hope that this morning is the last time that I ever weigh over 230 pounds!

On 6/20 I was at the lowest weight for the last several years. 217.4 pounds. Following is a list of my recent Friday morning weights.

7/6   222.0
7/13  222.0
7/20  223.0
7/27  223.8
8/3   225.0
8/10  230.2

That indicates a gain of 13 pounds in 7 weeks. Almost 2 pounds a week. At this rate of weight gain I would weigh 280 pounds on New Years Day. Such a path leads to poor health and a poor life style. I am now stating a new goal. 210 pounds on New years Day.

I have been visiting a lot lately. That always seems to lead to eating a lot. We have to go out for a big meal, right? I will have to opt for a modest meal (soup or dinner salad) in the future if I am to reach my new goal.

Every blog post should have a picture. Here is a pic I took a few minutes ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->