prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Traveler's Alert ! Adding a stop to Grand Cemetery Tour.

I guess that I could mix a little bluegrass with my cemetery viewing. A few hours west of Lexington, Kentucky is the Rosine Cemetery. I will stop there to see the grave of Bill Monroe, father of bluegrass music. A six day bluegrass festival ends the first weekend in August in the hills above Rosine. It is located at Bill's boyhood home. I attended the festival two years ago and enjoyed it. A couple of days of bluegrass would be a good send off for the trip home.


8/1/11 246 49.6 125 61 68 96.2 6360 99 78 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->