prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The four sons of Daniel Munson.

This group of guys caught my eye when I was going through Volume I of The Munson Record. They all have facial hair. They all look serious and prosperous. They all did various things but all listed manufacturing among their pursuits. From buttons to cotton goods. From the left their names and birth years are;  Daniel 1825, Charles 1830, Stephen 1818, and Garry 1810. Their careers were in the northeast and central United States,

My branch of the family, after leaving Connecticut, were farmers in Kentucky. My great grandfather Abner was born in 1825 in Kentucky. I bet the Munsons in this picture had cleaner fingernails than the Kentucky Munsons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->