prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Five generations for tea.

Jairus Munson was born in Wallingford, Connecticut in 1767. He died in 1862 at the age of 95.

The following paragraph was in the Volume I of The Munson record.

Sometime in  1861 the Windham Journal contained the following: Deacon Jairus Munson of this place was privileged to sit down to tea with the grandson of his grandson, and a representative of each intervening generation-himself 95, and the youngest 4. The links in the family circle were-Jairus, Leverett, Major W, Elbert, and Charles H.


With luck and if I lived long enough, I could have tea with the grandson of a grand child.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->