prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Monson Mausoleum in South Carlton, Lincolnshire.

I have found several greats buried in South Carlton. I discovered this is in a separate county from the two I listed the other day. It is in Lincolnshire which is north of Suffolk.


The Saint John the Baptist Church is located there. It is dated to the 12th century.


Behind the church is the Monson Mausoleum.


The Monson Mausoleum was built in 1859. Inside is a monument to the sixth Lord and Lady Monson. The tombs of the Lord and Lady are inside the church.. I do not know how we are related to the royal Monsons We were all Munsons. I believe that the Monsons became royal after we moved to Connecticut. I plan to learn more.

8/9/11 244.8 49.6 126 61 65 96.9 2950 101 82 0






1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->