prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Munsons named Samuel.

A couple of hundred years ago there were a lot of Samuel Munsons. My first American great grandfathers were Thomas, Samuel, Samuel, Solomon, Samuel, and  Samuel. Four out of the first six were named Samuel.  In the last half of the 18th century at one time, in Wallingford, Connecticut there were four cousins named Samuel Munson. Four brothers each had a son they named Samuel. These cousins had two second cousins in New Haven that were named Samuel Munson. These cities are about ten miles apart. There were six Samuel Munsons in close proximity! You could not turn around with out seeing a Samuel Munson. Samuel was a very popular name with New England puritans.


I googled it. Samuel is still a very popular name. In 2010 Samuel is 24 out of the top 1000 names.

8/18/11 248.6 50.8 147 68 69 69 4140 104 79 0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->