prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Poor Ross! Jellyfish sting!

My seven year old great grandson, Ross John Newberry, was having a good time in the Gulf of Mexico with ten members of his family. Along came a jellyfish. The moon jellyfish is common in the upper Gulf of Mexico. It is not really a fish. Aquariums are calling them "jellies".


This jelly stung Ross on the belly.


Ouch! I hope the vinegar made it feel better,  This is how Ross's belly usually looks.


8/4/11 246 50.8 126 62 63 96.7 4240 105 82 0




2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sounds awful. They can be really painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It got Ross good. I had no idea how badly they could hurt you. Luckily the people in the beach house next door knew to pour vinegar on it. He had welts on his belly and arm. Every day it looks better but he still has a reddish/purple rash.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->