prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Forty weeks from next Tuesday.

Forty weeks from next Tuesday is May 15, 2012. On that day I am meeting my daughter Nancy Ann Wright in Dallas, Texas. We will be flying to London for three weeks of looking up our ancestral roots and other things.

I have been looking up the graves of great grandfathers that are buried in America. Four weeks from Tuesday I am leaving on a trip to visit most or all of their graves. Based on knowledge gained from The Munson Foundation I know where two great grandfathers are buried in Rattlesden, England. (John Munson 1571-1650 and Richard Munson 1545-1590) The thought occurred to me that I should go visit them. Several weeks ago I stated on a blog that I was going to Rattlesden. Nancy Ann immediately said that she wanted to go with me! I was so very happy. Nancy and her husband Bob Wright have made arrangements for the flight to London. I am so excited and so happy about this trip. Genealogy festival! It is going to be one of the grandest things in my life. I am so grateful to Nancy and Bob for making it so easy for me. My biggest job is updating my passport.

Forty weeks to England!


This is a picture of Cambridge, England. It is forty miles from Rattleden.

3 comments:

  1. You need to be thinking about what else you would like to see and do while we're there. Hadrian's Wall? York? Stonehenge? Bath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that we have 40 weeks for planning.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->