prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

May-Thurner Syndrome.

Every day my ankles swell. Over night the swelling goes away. I admire my slim ankles in the morning for an hour or so. Then the swelling returns. Lately I have noticed that the left ankle swells more than the right.  One more thing to google. An article on google said that this condition indicates that I have the May-Thurner Syndrome. The iliac vein is compressed by the iliac artery. The make of the body is such that this will cause the left ankle to swell more than the right ankle. This can lead to a blood clot. I take an aspirin a day to thin my blood. I believe that loosing weight and exercise can help. The condition is very minor with no discomfort but I am going to keep an eye on it. A clot is a bad thing.


Notice the leaf on the floor next to my right foot. I must speak to the person who vacuums my home.

8/24/22 247.4 50.8 142 65 65 96.5 2650 97 76 0.4

1 comment:

  1. Just remember that "google" is not the same as an actual visit to a real physician.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->