prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

From St Lo, France to Hurstmonceaux, England

Early in the 12th century some of the D Eu family moved to Hurstmonceaux, England. This was part of a large movement of people into England after the Battle of Hastings. (Sorta like the Oklahoma Land Rush). According to what I have read in family trees listed on Ancestry,com the D Eus became Monceauxs. About 200 years later these people became Munsons.


The  castle at Hurstmonceaux has a long and interesting history. It  once was the home of the Greenwich Observatory. It is now a study center for a Canadian college. It has been used for movies. I believe it was involved in one of the Harry Potter movies.


8/13/11 247.8 50.9 139 66 66 96.4 2100 98 73 0.2



3 comments:

  1. D'Eu. Kind of sounds like duh. Perfect. Daddy, this is so interesting. Do we go to Normandy next? I've been there several times and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know about Normandy genealogy now is St Lo.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->