prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Vertigo

The other morning I got out of bed, stood up and fell into the wall on my left side. I would have fallen to the floor except for the wall. It was hard to walk against a powerful pull to the left. I paid attention to my arms to see if one was getting weaker than the other. It was not. In a few minutes the dizziness lessened and I lost the faint feeling of nausea that I had with the dizziness.

I wake every two hours to go to the bathroom. I was not dizzy at all previous to waking at 4 am. And it soon went away. This has not happened again.

A couple of weeks ago I was walking by a person when I suddenly went left into the person. I bumped the person hard enough to get a very dirty look. Whats the deal with the left?

I occasionally feel dizzy. I am going to start using a cane. I will feel more comfortable.

5 comments:

  1. Both my Mom and I have had bouts of vertigo. It is difficult to explain to folks who haven't had it. There is a set of easy movements that help get the inner ear crystals re-aligned. I forget the name of it, and can't search youtube from here at work, but they helped a lot. I'll try to find it later when I'm home. You have my sympathy as vertigo, while it doesn't hurt, is truly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I do not have the severe symptom often. Just an increasing lose of balance now and then.

      Delete
  2. Have you been to your doctor? It sounds like an inner ear problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will see doctor soon. Forty years ago I had an inner ear infection. Fell on floor when I got out of bed. (cement floor in Rossmoor) Had shots and laid on my back in bed for several days, No problems since until lately.

      Delete
  3. Hey Mr. Chuck!
    Shadowmoss is talking about the Epley maneuver. It is used in the treatment of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. There ARE videos of it on youtube but I agree with you and Nancy about seeing a doctor. Never hurts to be on the safe side! Take good care of yourself.
    Love and Hugs,
    A.B.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->