prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

(RV 15) Snow storm in West Texas?

In December 1986 our son Mike decided to move back to California. He had the belongings of a music fan, books, clothes, and some furniture. He had a Volkswagen Bug. I volunteered to pull his bug full of his belongings to his sister's house in San Juan Capistrano, California.

I had a tow bar bolted to the bug.

We filled the bug, hooked to my truck and away we went. 1500 miles to go.


Traveling north of San Antonio we ran into bad weather and icy road. Suddenly we were spinning (long bed pick up and bug) around on the road. We came to rest on the right hand shoulder facing San Antonio. The tow bar had sustained some damage. We managed to limp into Junction, Texas where we stayed in a motel until the tow bar was repaired and the icy conditions ameliorated.


We drove the rest of the way without any problems.



It was good to see Nancy's home. I remember hugging her two girls. I was tired. I made it home in two days of driving.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->