prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

(RV 13) After a stop in Toronto we arrive in St Clair, Michigan, USA.

Jackie's Mother was born in Toronto. We had to go see the hospital. Toronto is an impressive place. They have a very high tower there. For some reason I did not get to go up in it. Jackie does not do towers. The freeway system was really with it. It did not take a back seat to anywhere we had been.

I doubt that Toronto was this built up in 1986. While we were there the Toronto Exhibition was held. This is the largest Fair-tradeshow held in Canada and seventh largest in North America.

Boy it was a big deal. It has been held every year since 1879. It was big on food exhibits. It was very entertaining.

We took a trip over to the Niagara Falls. I boarded the Maid of the Mist boat and we sailed up to the Falls. We were given big yellow rain slickers. During part of the boat ride the water spray was like a hard  rain from the side. Jackie waited for me on the shore. She did not think that she would look good in a big yellow rain slicker.

On to St Clair, Michigan. We entered Michigan at Sarnia. St Clair was a little south, There was a Thousand Trails Park there that we enjoyed for a week.

Many towns that we visited on our travels have a claim to fame. St Clair's claim is that it has the World's Longest Fresh Water Boardwalk. It was long, alright.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->