prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

(RV 9) Bay of Fundy! What a place.

We were about a half mile into the Bay of Fundy National Park. It was raining as hard as I have ever seen. We had a flat tire. No cell phone. I had to walk back to the entrance into the park so I could use the phone and call for help. We were out in the woods far from any town. Would my call to Good Sam Emergency Road Service get any results? Thankfully it did and we soon had a service truck that changed our flat tire.

When we got to the park they were full. We had to get a space at an RV park in the town of Alma, which is just outside the park entrance. Home of the highest tides in the world. Forty nine feet at the closed end of the bay.
After a short time we got a space in the park. What a beautiful place! Rolling grass covered hills. A golf course overlooking the bay. They have lots of deer wandering the golf course.

We visited two places north of the park. The first was the Flower Pots.
You can walk on the ocean floor twice a day here. Twice a day the water is 30 feet deep here. There is a three story flight of steps. You better watch the clock and be near them when tide comes in.

We went to Mary's Point, which is a bird sanctuary. A hundred thousand sandpipers fill up here for their trip to South America. People come from all over the world to see the sight. We visited with a young man from England. He was loaded down with high power binoculars and cameras.



Next stop. Nova Scotia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->