prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, May 12, 2014

(RV 4) Side trip to Garner State Park. With Steven and Joy.

We started RVing in 1985. Here it is March 1986 and we have only been to Waco and KeyWest. We decide to take the two children of our daughter Kerry for a trip in the mountains. (We have a trip to Maine in the works.)

We pulled our trailer to Garner State Park. This park is in the hill country west of San Antonio and north of  Uvalde. Uvalde is the birthplace of John Nance Garner. Who said "what this country needs is a good 5 cent cigar". It is located on the Frio River. Frio means cold.



Steven and Joy spent   fun time playing in the water. There were boats and inner tubes. We went to a play in a nearby town.

After a few days we moved to a RV park near New Braunfels. We had to have a good German meal there. We also visited the Alamo.


It was a nice trip. I think that Steven and Joy enjoyed it. I know that Jackie and I did. 
We were gone from Walnut Cove about a week.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that part of Texas is nice. We really like New Braunfels and Schlitterbahn! The Guadlupe river was too big for the boys when we were last there, but it is a great tubing dna recreation river as well.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->