prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

(RV 6) On with the NorthEast trip. Hershey next.

Next is a two week stop in Hershey at the Thousand Trails camp. A nice, new, and big campground. And located in a fascinating part of the US. While we were there my nephew drove up from Potomac (Washington, DC area) with his wife Jane and two little girls to visit us. It was good to see them. Those two lovely little girls are now 28 years older.

Hershey is in the middle of many Amish people. We went to many Amish shops, flea markets, and restaurants in Blue Ball, Intercourse, and Lancaster. There is one Amish restaurant that I remember. It served hundreds family style. The food was so good. It was named the Good and Plenty. Customers came by the bus load.


We went to a historic pretzel factory in Lititz. See a previous blog here.

Factory discount stores were new in those days. There was a huge cluster of them in Reading. We made several trips there. I see that now they are in Hershey. It was 2 hours one way to Reading.

We were disappointed in the Hershey Factory Tour. They had been discontinued and Hershey gave you a kinda Disney Land ride through a make believe factory.

Hershey had unique street lights.


Hershey had a large and interesting museum. It was about Hershey and local history. We enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->