prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

My Yard List. (Birds)

I fancy myself as a bird watcher. For years on our travels Jackie and I carried our field guide and we would try to identify birds. I still do.

The other day I felt great excitement. I saw a bird in the yard that I thought that I had not seen on this yard on HWY 544, Ruston. It was a grosbeak!


What a let down! I ran to my guide book and found a note made by me that I had seen a grosbeak last year.I said to myself. Self, you need a Yard List of all the birds that you have seen in this yard so that you will not get so excited in the future. So here it is.

Yard List. (as of May 2014)

American Goldfinch.
Northern Cardinal.
Blue Jay.
Mourning Dove.
Red-Winged Black Bird.
Tufted Titmouse.
Black-Capped Chickadee
Rose Breasted Grosbeak.

There are probably more, but that is all I can think of now. I will keep this list up to date.

Here are some misc pictures.



Re-Breasted Woodpecker.


With Bluejay.


Red-Winged Blackbird.


Cardinal


A pair of Mourning Doves.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->