prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Delicious lunch at Hart's Corner. Store warming party!

Large delicious pork chops, greens, corn, potato salad, green salad, rolls, and two pies. All by Tina. Served at the store warming on May 22, 2014.




Tina and her Mom Rosa.



Tina and her Baby, Halie.


They are ready for credit cards and have a good price for gasoline.


The response to the Hart's Corner store warming party was luke warm to say the least. Months ago when I suggested the party I asked if it was a good idea. I got a positive response. One man in Texas said he would like to attend. (He did send his best wishes) People volunteered that they would go.

Then time passed. The fact of a 90 mile round trip sank in and people realized that the party would involve a 3 hour or more absence from home. The idea lost a lot of appeal. At the last moment several people who I knew were going to attend had last minute conflicts.

The party today was attended by Nolan Coleman, John Adams, and myself. Tina Rodgers had prepared a meal for 10 to 20, based on my estimate. I am sorry that we caused her this extra work at such a busy time. The three of us agreed that it was the best meal that we had ever had. Thank you, Tina! We all wish Hart's Corner the best. 

I hope that you will stop at Hart's Corner when you are going that way. Their gas price is low. The smiles are warm and the service is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->