prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

(RV 7) Ten days of fun in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

We bade Hershey a fond farewell (we would return) and pulled our trailer to Foxboro, Massachusetts. This drive was over 400 miles, the longest of this trip. We usually drove around 250 to 350 miles. We would leave early. By 2 or 3 in the afternoon we were at our next camp and we had most of the afternoon to get settled in.

In Foxboro we stayed ten days at the Normandy Farms RV park. It was located about 20 miles out of Boston and close to the football arena used by the New England Patriots. It was and still is a very nice RV park. You could catch tour busses at the main gate. Foxboro was of interest to me. So many oilfield fluid measuring meters were made in Foxboro. I had looked at the name for years. We drove by the factories where they were made.

We took a tour bus of Boston. Saw Paul Revere country, church steeple, etc.
We were told more about Old Ironside than we really wanted to know. Went up to the top of the tallest building in Boston. Could see down into the Harvard Campus. Had lunch at a famous center downtown. The traffic in Boston was horrific. I do not how the bus driver did what he did. Clearance was an inch sometimes.

We saw Plymouth Rock and Plymouth Village. We drove out to Provincetown. For lunch I had poor man's lobster. Lobster pieces on rice. Good. On the way back we went and looked at the Kennedy Compound at Hyannis Port.

We took a ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Drove by the gate to Jackie Kennedy's.

We spent a day at Newport, Rhode Island. We took a tour of the beach houses of the Astor's and their friends. They were very nice. One had a ballroom just inside the front door. They all had a view of the ocean. We took a tour of the house where Jackie Kennedy was raised. We even saw the bed where JFK would sleep when he visited Jackie. How close to greatness can you get?

I enjoyed a day at the JFK Library and Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->