prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

(RV 23) Over Rogers Pass to Sicamous .

What a drive over Rogers Pass. I have seen this part of the world in many movies. It is very beautiful. We drove 231 miles from Banff to Sicamous. See trip over Rockies to Cultus Lake.

We drove from Sicamous to TT at Cultus Lake. 317 miles. Between Chilliwack and Cultus Lake a deer ran into our trailer right at the bathroom. We spent some time at the Thousand Trails camp at Cultus Lake. Ruefully looking at the damage caused by the deer that ran into us. The repairs were to be done in the nearby city of Chilliwack. The shop could not do the job for a month so we went on with our trip. In a few days we went to Vancouver, Canada and caught the ferry to Vancouver Island. See trip to Parksville.

We had a swell time in Parksville. We visited Campbell River. We drove over to the Pacific Ocean side of the island. We drove 98 miles to Victoria. We stayed in Victoria for a week and then caught the ferry through the San Juan Islands. Seetrip to Anacortes, WA.

We went to the Thousand Trails park in LaConner. Most of the trip from Victoria to LaConner was by ferry through the San Juan Island. The driving miles were only 26. That is from the RV park in Victoria to the Thousand Trails park in La Conner. We fell in love with the La Conner area. We stayed many times at LaConner over the next few years. We could stay two weeks at a time. I am sure that our time at La Conner adds up to over a hundred days. Occasionally we would stay at an RV park in town. After a week we could check back into Thousand Trails for two more weeks.

Early in July we drove back to Chilliwack. 90 miles. We lived in our trailer in the shop while the repairs were made. The shop air compressor made a lot of noise.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->