prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

(RV 34) Leave Acadia NP on September 15, 1989.

After an overnight in Wells, Maine 224 miles we went on to Sturbridge, Massachusetts 160 miles. We toured the old village of Sturbridge.

I remember walking over this bridge.

The village is really very well done. Very interesting,

We headed for Hershey, a 352 mile ride.  Outside of Scranton the left front Alfa tire lost tread which tore up the trailer wall and the water heater. Alfa had used mobile home wheels with odd tires that gave us fits. Remember a tire coming apart on the freeway in downtown Los Angeles? They recommended Cooper Tires. When we got to Hershey I drove over to Lancaster and got five new Coopers. General Tire paid for them. After that things settled down in the trailer tire department and we had a lot better luck with our tires.

We decided to get home and get on with our move to Washington. We drove five days straight.

255 miles to Greenville, VA.
403 mies to Crossville, TN.
315 miles to Cherokee Landing, TN.
488 miles to Lake Twakoni, TX. (488 miles is about 10 or 11 hours of driving.)
236 miles to Walnut Cove. (Our home for one more month.)

Jackie and I got busy getting rid of everything we had. We either sold or gave away everything that would not fit in the Alfa or Ford truck. When we left Texas everything we had in the world was on the wheels with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->