prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

(RV 37) We reach Chimacum, Washington. To stay 17 years.

After Thanksgiving at Avila we drove 163 miles to Hanford, CA. We parked in the yard of my nephew Jim Kirby. His Mother my sister Donna lived in Hanford. Another nice visit.

Then a long drive up the valley to Corning, CA. 343 miles. I had been to Corning many times when I worked for Schlumberger in Sacramento. It is in the heart of the Sacramento Valley. Miles of rice fields.


We traveled out of the valley up into the mountains of Oregon. 199 miles to Talent, OR. This is a little north of Ashland and the feared Ashland grade. The grade gave my poor diesel a bad time, both up and down.


Then 234 miles to Turner, Oregon. This is a suburb of the capital in Salem.

152 miles to the Chehalis Thousand Trails park. The first park in the system and a beautiful place. There is a place in the park where you can see Mount Rainier.

After four days and a brake job we were on our way to LaConner TT. 176 miles. We wanted to enjoy a rest at our favorite TT park before we reported for work at Chimacum.

On December 11, 1989 we pulled into the coop. For a 17 year visit. This is the longest time that Jackie and I ever lived in a place. It was a seasonal place, but still home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->