prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, June 13, 2014

(RV 31) To Maine via Winston-Salem, Williamsburg, Chesapeake Bay, Hershey, Lake George, and Squam Lake.

On April 24, 1989 we left Waynesville and drove 169 miles to the TT Forrest Lake Park located near Winston-Salem, North Carolina. We were not due in Maine for our Acadia volunteer job until June. After a week at Forrest Lake we drove 307 miles to Williamsburg, VA. We had been there two years before with our grand kids Steven and Joy. They were day trips from an hour away, but this time we stayed for a week at an RV park in Williamsburg. We had a nice visit.

We drove 54 miles to the TT Chesapeake Bay park. We had been here before with the grand kids. After a week we drove 246 miles to Gettysburg, PA. We toured the Battlefield and the Museum. We took a tour bus out to the Eisenhower Farm. I remember seeing the signature of Winston Churchill in the guest book. The Farm was a lovely place and we enjoyed the day.

We drove 85 miles to Hershey for a return visit. We must have liked it because we stayed two weeks.

We drove 355 miles to Lake George in New York. We stayed in the town of Ganservoort. Lake George is pretty.

While we were there we took a trip to Vermont and we drove up to Fort Ticonderoga.
I could see why they lost.

We drove 159 miles across Vermont to Squam Lake, New Hampshire.
This the lake that was used as the lake in the movie "On Golden Pond". We went to see Grandfather Mountain and the Mount Washington Cog Railroad.

We found another restaurant that only served turkey dinners year round in Vermont.

June 5, 1989 we drove 253 miles to the Acadia National Park. Ready to go to work for three and a half months and not pull the trailer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->