prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Novelle R Monson. 2-1925 to 6-2014.

My sister in law Novelle was a sweet, beautiful, and generous woman. My brother George met her in Taft, California. He lived in Taft with my sister Thelma and later on his own when he graduated from Taft High School.

George enlisted in the Marines before Pearl Harbor. His first deployment home during the last years of WW II he and Novelle were married, They were such a lovely couple, I loved them and was so proud of them.

On my post of yesterday I had pictures of them (1988) and commented that Novelle still lived in Van Nuys, California. I posted that blog about 4 am. About 8 hours later Novelle passed away. I was so saddened. I want to express my heartfelt sympathy to her family.

Here are clips of blogs about my last two visits with Novelle.


The above picture was taken in August 2010. Novelle, Paula, and Eddie.


Picture taken in August 2012 on my last visit.

I talked several times a year on the phone with Novelle. The last time was a month ago. We talked and talked. I suddenly realized that we had been talking for an hour and a half. It was a nice visit. I will always remember that visit. God bless you Novelle. You were alway a blessing to us.

3 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->