prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

(RV 25) Organizational Meeting at Chimacum & Kite Festival at Long Beach.

The meeting was held in August 1988 at the Community Building in Chimacum. The proposed 43 acres for the park was nearby on Anderson Lake Road. Jackie and I went to look at the entrance to the acreage. They had a plan of what the park would look like.
We were enthused and signed up. We were scheduled to work as volunteers at the Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine the next summer. We thought that the coop would not start building until after that. We were wrong. When we came home from Maine in 1989 we sold our place at Walnut Cove and headed for Chimacum. They had started building. I wanted to get in on the action.

Here is a recent aerial photograph of the park. It is now quite a place. Our lot was in the upper left hand  corner

On August 9 we drove to the TT park at Chehalis, Washington. 133 miles.  This was the first park established in the Thousand Trails system.Very pretty and somewhat remote from the highway.

Stayed a week and went to the TT park in Long Beach, WA. Miles 118.


They had kite festival while we were there. The TT park was on the beach south of town. We could walk down (or up) the beach to the festival. The kites were quite  a sight! Some kites were so large that it required a rope to hold them.



There was a nice boardwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->