prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

(RV 22) We left Walnut Cove on May 9, 1988.

First day. 292 miles to Texoma, Texas. Second day. 337 miles to Wichita, Kansas. Had to have a trailer brake job in Wichita, $280.

Drove 279 miles to Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Then a long day. 473 miles to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. See Trip to Winnipeg. Another long day, 422 miles to  Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.

In my imagination I pictured Moose Jaw as a mountain town surrounded by trees. Not so. It was in the middle of plains. And the wind blew! There was dirt in the wind. It was an interesting place. I remember a pioneer museum and a spacious zoo.


We then drove to Vermillion. 361 miles. I remember the miles of wheat fields. A town every so often with huge silos at a railroad track. The term great northern plains comes to my mind.

Then We visited Elk Point. It was not far from Vermillion. Then a short 135 mile trip to Edmonton. See Worlds largest mall in those days. 

Then we drove to Jasper. 223 miles. Beautiful place. See next link. Then 188 miles to Banff. See Jasper to Banff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->