prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Munson Record. Five volumes.

I am a new member of The Thomas Munson Foundation. I have ordered and received Volumes I,II,III,IV, and V of The Munson Record. This work is a genealogical and biographical account of Captain Thomas Munson and his descendants. Captain Munson was a 1637 pioneer in New England.  The books just arrived and I have spent 10 or 12 hours pouring over them.

 

There are pictures also.


My grandfathers. both natural and adoptive, are listed. My fathers name is also listed. All of my great grandfathers back to Captain Thomas are also listed.

Thanks to my exhaustive research I have found out that the grave of a Munson cousin is located next to the grave of Washington Irving. I did not know that until I spent 12 hours going over these books.



1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->