prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Great grandfather graves. Found another!

In Volume I of The Munson Record there is a picture of the gravestone on the grave of my 6th great grandfather, Samuel Munson. He was buried in 1741 in the "Burying- Ground" in Wallingford, Connecticut.


This Samuel was the grandson of Captain Thomas. His father was also a Samuel. Captain Thomas was a signer of the original papers for New Salem. His son was a signer of the original papers for Wallingford. He died in 1693 in New Haven, but I bet he is buried in Wallingford where his son is buried. It will probably be easy to find out when I get to New Haven in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->