prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Another Captain Munson

This cousin, Captain Samuel  Munson, was in the Army for the period of the Civil War. This commendation issued when he died indicates that he served on the Pacific Coast and on the Plains.


I bet he looked like John Wayne.

7/14/11 245.8 50.1 135 66 65 96.6 4150 99 74 0.8

3 comments:

  1. Captain Samuel Munson is a local hero here in central Nebraska!! He named the small town where I grew up (Cotesfield, NE). He was the first commander of Fort Hartsuff here in central Nebraska.
    Garry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment. I could not find Cotesfield, NE. I found Fort Hartsuff in Burwell, NE. I may drive by to see the Fort. Its good the Fort was built with concrete. Several original buildings are still standing.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->