prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Evergreen Coho Resort. Home Sweet Home for 17 years.

This is a picture of the Evergreen Coho Resort. I took it from the top of Tamanomous Rock which is on a hillside above the park. Jackie and I lived in the far left corner of the park.This spot is the place that we lived for the longest in our lives together. I cherish the memories. Prior to this we had lived in 20 or more places. You can see the clubhouse and a grove of trees in the center of the park. Just behind the clubhouse is the enclosure for the clothes lines that I designed and help build.


When Jackie and I arrived there in 1990 the park was just a big field. Then a group of volunteers built the clubhouse and 175 sheds. I sure hit my thumb many times! Our lot is in the picture below. with our trailer, car, and truck. I still live in the trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->