prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Confederate Munsons.

On a blog yesterday, July 15  I  presented a commendation for Captain Samuel Munson of Maine who served during the Civil War in the west. (Pacific Coast and the Plains). He served in the Union Forces. Seeing as how I live in the deep southI thought that I had better research a Munson who had served in the Confederate Forces to even things up. In my research I have seen many Munsons who served in the Union Forces. Not so many served in the Confederate Forces.

I have found two brothers who did serve on the Confederate Forces. They are cousins of mine. Samuel H. Munson was a 2nd Lt. in Co. B of the Kentucky Calvary. It is believed that he died in the Civil War. Alexander Kinny Munson served in the Confederate Forces during the Civil War. He lived to 1900 in Bracken Co., Kentucky. His widow received a Kentucky State Civil War pension.


7/15/11 246.4 50.1 139 68 65 95.4 5130 92 75 0

1 comment:

  1. I love this stuff. He's a very good looking man...must be the family resemblance.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->