prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Yesterday's meeting of the NLGHS.

I attended yesterday's meeting of the North Louisiana Genealogical and Historical Society. There are some who say that I go to these meetings just because of the delicious cookies and coffee served.

This is not true. Although I do enjoy the cookies I really go to hear the speaker and to visit with people interested in genealogy. The speaker at the meeting was Julia Scott. She talked about her Great Great Grandmother Julia Washington Bourgeat Muse Dabbs. She had a good display of genealogical data which included a family Bible, family tree and photos.

It was an interesting talk. Julia was really prepared. The Bible is almost 200 years old. The Bible was given to Julia Dabbs in 1835. It had pages of written in family data.

3/13/11 241 50.1 131 65 66 96.3 1624 76 57 0


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->