prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flat Stanley visits the VFW breakfast meeting.

Just prior to his trip back to Corona Flat was able to visit the Ruston VFW Post for their Tuesday morning breakfast meeting.
JD Harper and James Fallon were impressed to meer Flat.
Most of the members of the post are veterans of WW II. They getting old.
One of the oldest is yours truly, Chuck Monson.

I am going to miss little Flat. When I attended the Jefferson Corner Liars Club this morning they asked me "where is your friend?". I told them that Flat was on his way to Corona, California. He is traveling First Class. First Class Mail. It can be handy to be flat. Best regards and good luck to Mrs Fisher's Second Grade Class.




3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE THE BEST and Jack is appreciative, as am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. I hope the blogs will lead to some interesting discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure did show Flat Stanley a good time!!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->