prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Flat Stanley visits the Jefferson Corner Liars Club.

Flat has been visiting me for a few days. I plan to send him home, by first class mail, to Corona tomorrow. I am exhausted from showing him the stghts of the Ruston area and introducing him to my friends. It is convenient that Flat is only 1/2 inch thick and fits in an envelope.

Flat was the subject of a childrens book written in 1964 by Jeff Brown. Flat's father gave him a big bulletin board that he mounted over Flat's bed. During the night the board fell on Flat and flattened him to just 1/2  inch thick. Otherwise he was a normal little boy. He could enter rooms by sliding under the door and his brother used him for a kite. He once aided the police by posing as a painting on a museum wall to trap museum thieves.

Flat was colored by my great grandson Jack in Corona, California and he was mailed to me by Jack's teacher Mrs Nicole Fisher.
Rhonda was glad to meet Flat. Rhonda is the gracious Treasurer of the Jefferson Corner Liars Club. I have adopted her as my third daughter.
Lizard was so tickled to meet Flat!
President Tommy and Vice President John were honored to meet Flat.
I was holding the morning paper so Flat could read the headlines.
There was good attendence at the meeting.


3/6/11 243.2 50.2 135 66 59 96.3 3263 50 39 0






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->