prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

NATIVE PEOPLE of the PINEY WOODS of NORTH LOUISIANA. Skip Russell

The Native People of the Piney Woods of North Louisiana are hardy and friendly people. A few of them are real characters. I hope to blog about some of them from time to time as I am inspired and get permission.
Skip is a minature horse wrangler and dealer. He lives with his first wife Caroline in Ruston. Skip and Caroline have six children. Three boys and three girls. They have nine grandchildren.

Skip has lived most of his life in Lincoln Parish. Skip is a fine citizen. He is a Police Juryman and was recently the President of the Lincoln Parish Jury.

In his spare time Skip works at his firm "Skip Russell State Farm Insurance Agency" He also picks up quarters at his two Laundromats. He is a landlord with some 40 to 50 rental properties.

He has been kind enough to drive me and others to restaurants for meals. Mostly steaks.


3/9/11 240.4 50.2 138 66 63 96 2402 65 57 0

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->