prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things I am reading.

I receive and somewhat read a lot of periodicals. As I receive them I glance over them and toss them in the trash. For about a week now I have been busy and have fallen behind. Seven basketball and baseball games last week and a visit from Flat Stanley from Corona, California has taken up a lot of my time. This morning I find that I am behind seven periodicals.
DAV. Bi monthly magazine of the Disabled American Veterans
AARP The Magazine. Bi monthly magazine of the American Association of Retired Persons.
AARP Bulletin. Monthly bulletin from the AARP.
Southern Traveler. Bi monthly magazine of the AAA.
Smart Computing. Monthly computer user magazine.
Louisiana Life. Bi monthly magazine. Subscription courtesy of Louisiana Public Broadcasting.
Visions. Monthly programing guide from Louisiana Public Broadcasting.

Some of the other periodicals that I read are:

Ruston Weekly Reader. Daily newspaper from Ruston, LA.
Monroe Daily News. Daily newspaper from Monroe, LA.
Port Townsend Weekly Reader. Weekly newspaper from Port Townsend, WA.
RFD TV. Magazine and program guide from RFD TV.
Escapees Magazine. A bi monthly magazine of the Escapee RV Club.
VFW. Monthly magazine of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
American Hunter. Monthly magazine of the National Rifle Association.
Monthly Newsletter of the North Louisiana Bluegrass Club.
Monthly Magazine of the Northeast Louisiana History and Genealogy Society.
Good Sam Highways. RV magazine from the Good Sam Club.

On the computer I check Facebook and follow about two dozen Blogs.

I am also reading some books.
How to book.  Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac OS X.
Osman's Dream. History of the Ottoman Empire.
1040A. Instructions for Federal Income Tax Form.
State of Louisiana. Instruction for State Income Tax.

Sorry. I have to cut this blog short and start reading.

3/8/11 240.8 49.8 136 63 66 96.2 2845 65 50 0.1




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->