prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Blakley Ladies new store.

I visited Swartz, Louisiana today and found Tina and Rhonda hard at work moving into their new store. They took time out to visit with me. They smiled at me and gave me hugs.










Rosa, Tina, and Rhonda have a big job ahead of them. I doubt that they will open Hart's Corner before April. They have miles of shelves to stock. And much more work. They are of good cheer and are up to the job. There is nothing in the world like the smile of a Blakley Lady.

The store is in Swartz about halfway between Monroe and Bastrop. It is on Highway 139. It is on the corner where Highway 134 comes in from Oak Ridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->