prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

(Poly 4) Two diaper pails at a time.

When Nancy Ann was 18 months old her brother Chris was born. We had a pail full of water in the bathroom. Jackie and I would rinse diapers out in the toilet and place the diaper in the pail of water. When Chris arrived we added a pail of water. We were a two diaper pail family. When the two pails were full we would wash the diapers and hang them on the clothesline to dry. It was a lot of diapers. It took a while to hang them all. It took a while to fold them.

It was relief when Nancy and Chris grew out of diapers. I had a lot of wiping clothes. We went four years without diaper pails. Then it happened again. Our third child Kerry was born, followed in 1 1/2 years by our fourth child Mike. We became a two diaper pail family again.

Notice that Jackie and I had girl - boy and then again girl - boy. I was there and I know that the girls were mistakes and the boys were on purpose.

We loved them equally, whether born by mistake or on purpose. What a blessing they have been and are today.

For some reason I love this old beat up photograph. It indicates a happy and busy time in the Chuck and Jackie Monson family life. Jackie is holding Mike. I am holding Kerry. Nancy is standing on the left and Chris is standing on the right. I was and am one proud father.




No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->