prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, March 21, 2014

(Poly 8) Remarks about my Life Story. First 25 years..

With this and the previous posts I have told quite a bit about the first 25 years of my travels through this vale of tears called life. I have divided the story of my life into ten periods.

Child. (Birth to the death of my Mother when I was five.)
Boy. (From the death of my Mother to my Father's stroke.  Age 5 to 14.)
Youth. (From my Father's stroke to entering the Army. Age 14 to 17.)
Army. ( My three years in the Army. Age 17 to 20.)
Poly. (My four years of attending Cal Poly. Age 20 to 25.)
Wireline. ( My 15 years working for Schlumberger as a wireline engineer. Age 25 to 40.)
Waterflood. (12 tears working for LBOD in the Wilmington Oilfield.)
Petrophysical. (Working until age 60 for Superior/Mobil Oil as a Petrophysical Engineer.)
RV. (RVing around the country. Age 60 to 81.)
Widower. (Living in Ruston, LA. Several trips to East and West Coast. Age 82 to 88.)

I have posted on the first five periods. Child througth Poly. The posts are on this blog. They range in number of posts from 2 on my childhood (poor memory) to 26 on my time in the Army (better memory).  I have titled the posts so that they are easy to call up. This is handy for you to read them at any time and will be handy for me to call up, combine, and publish as my Life Story. It is bound to be a best seller some day.

To call up enter title of the period and a number into the search box. There is a search box on the upper left, and a better search box in the right column. You also can skim the list of archives below in this column.

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned Schlumberger in Ventura, did you know a Cullen McCartney who was an BSEE? He later transferred to Schlumberger-Houston. I knew him during our student days at LSU and later in Houston. He passed away as fairly young man in the New Orleans area. My e-mail address is cphansen92867@gmail.com

    Chris Hansen
    Displaced Cajun lining in Orange County, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know Cullen. I worked in Ventura 1956 to 58. Cullen probably later.

      Delete

!-- Site Meter -->