prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What time is it? Where is the Base Meridian?

I went to Greenwich yesterday to answer those burning questions. Nancy and I enjoyed a pleasant boat ride of 1 to  1/2 hours from downtown London to Greenwich. Saw some pretty sights along the Thames.

One more shot of the London Eye. It takes 30 minutes to go around. It is 440 feet high, You can see Windsor Palace from the top. You can get married in a car at the top. Then it is all down hill from then on.


Big Ben.


The Glass Shard. At thousand plus feet it is the tallest building in Europe



The Tower Bridge.


Cutty Sark at Greenwich.


Every day at 1 pm Greenwich Mean Time this red ball is dropped so that it reaches rest at exactly 1 pm. So I finally knew what time it is!




That line in the pavement is the Greenwich Base Meridian. So that is where it ie.




Five dogs. Reminds of the Dog Lady of Lake Darbonne.


1 comment:

  1. I bet a boat ride beats six miles of walking :)
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->