prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A walk in the park. Hyde Park that is.

Nancy and I took a six mile walk today. After we had checked into our London hotel room about noon we headed off across Hyde Park. We were looking for lunch and a possible visit to Harrods Department Store. Well we made it. We split a hamburger in a pub. Our waiter was from the Ukraine and spoke seven language. I have trouble speaking one. After lunch we walked to Harrods and back home.  13,300 steps or six miles. We stopped and sat on benches ten or 20 times.

Nancy knows where we are!

 

Prince Albert monument and statue.



Albert Hall.


The front of Harrods.


Fruits and fish in Harrods.



Princess Diana is honored with a walkway in Hyde Park.


This is Dr Doolittle. He is feeding birds and squirrels out of his hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->