prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Czech pastries at the NELAH&GS Meeting

After a delightful Mothers Day lunch at my grand daughters house in West Monroe I went to the meeting of the  Northeast Louisiana Historical and Genealogical Society in Monroe.

The speaker was Judy Nyhulis. Judy recently took a "Finding your Roots" trip to Prague. She did find many relatives and visited many in their homes. She rented an apartment for a week in Prague. She brought many mementos of her trip, photos, and records. She gave a very interesting talk. I enjoyed it.

The inscription on her tee shirt in English is "Some one in Prague loves me!"






Judy made and brought Czech pastries to the meeting. She admitted that she had eaten some of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->